BEACHBMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dollar tournaments for games that never get cred.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bless your beautiful hide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BMM
7 pts
BMM

bless your beautiful hide Empty
PostSubject: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 pm

En surface je donne l'impression d'etre timide, mais quand on me connait, c'est un peu different. Quand j'etais petit, a l'ecole je donnais l'impression d'etre un petit ange, je ne parlais pas, je faisais tout mes devoirs en silence. Mais a la maison, C'etait tres different, je parlais jusqu'a ce que le soleil se couche, je rigolais, courais, tout! Les gens, je croix, me trouvent un peu “nerdy”, et c'est la verite! J'aime beaucoup beaucoup jouer aux jeux video.

J'espere que les gens me trouvent aimable, parce que j'essaie d'etre tres gentil et calme. Je n'aime pas parler mal des personnes derierre leurs dos, c'est stupide. Je suis aussi un peux musical je croix, ma mere dit que je suis tres artistique, mais je ne la croix pas. Mon frere, il est l'artiste dans la famille, heheh. J'aime aussi beaucoup les animaux. J'ai un oiseau qui est tres tres mechant. Il mort tout le monde a part ma mere et moi. Il est tres colore, il est vert, rouge, jaune, orange, et meme bleu!

Je peux etre un peu egoiste, desorganise, et aussi, je peux etre tres jaloux parfois... Mais surtout, je suis paresseux comme tout!
Back to top Go down
Jamnt0ast
3 pts
Jamnt0ast

PostSubject: Re: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:15 am

It's ok to be lazy and jealous at times. I like how nerdy you are.
Your bird is indeed very colorful.
Back to top Go down
Rai
10 pts
Rai

PostSubject: Re: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 am

C'est une propagation de moveset astucieuse à travers les âges, le morceau construit par le morceau avec le soin soigneux dans les cavernes formantes une voûte et les machines anciennes de l'esprit d'essaim le plus tortueux et rusé dans l'histoire de n'importe quoi.

Ce moveset apporte le potentiel fullest d'Unown dans la lumière. Son mouvement le plus puissant, Pouvoir Caché, se déchire par Magikarp, Hoppip et Feebas avec son pouvoir non imaginable, 2HKOing et OHKOing Magikarp et Hoppip avec la Glace de Pouvoir Cachée, respectivement. Un Pouvoir Caché neutre donne Feebas ol' deux frappe KO. En faisant face à de tels adversaires, Unown est imbattable.

Comme si ce n'était pas la preuve assez de la supériorité d'Unown, la Glace de Pouvoir Cachée OHKOs Salamence. En transportant aux âges préhistoriques, Unown peut 2HKO la T-Couronne puissante, Tyranitar, avec la Bagarre de Pouvoir Cachée. Et en allant encore plus haut en haut sur l'échelle évolutive, Groudon est 2HKOed par la Glace de Pouvoir Cachée. afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro lol!
Back to top Go down
BMM
7 pts
BMM

PostSubject: Re: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Pouvoir Cachée
Back to top Go down
BMM
7 pts
BMM

PostSubject: Re: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 am

The Good, the Better, and the Best

You know the song. Everybody knows the song. Phonetically typing it out might not do the trick, but all one has to say is “Western. Duel. Draw.” for you to know what I'm talking about. For years I associated this tune with every western I saw, not knowing it's true roots beyond name, but finally I have had the pleasure of watching what is regarded by many as Sergio Leone's masterpiece, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The film, which runs about 160 minutes long, details the story of a trio of badass gunslingers who are constantly outwitting, outshooting, and surviving one another to find a buried treasure of 200,000 dollars. At its start, the film gives us a sort of intro to each of the characters, showing us their personality, and tying together a setting. As the movie starts to pick up pace, each of the characters prove to be masterminds in their own rights, setting traps, and escaping from the traps of one another.

As mentioned before, before you even watch the film you know music is going to be something to look out for, whether it be good or not. The main tune has been parodied and referenced so many times before, even if you don't know what a spaghetti western is, or have never heard of Clint Eastwood, you do know the song. I did greatly enjoy the score in its entirety, but there were a few hiccups here and there. One of the most memorable being when Blondie (Eastwood) and Tuco (Eli Wallach) are on their way to the cemetery, right before they come across the battlefield and bridge. Right as they read the note from Angel Eyes, the familiar theme begins to play, but only a few seconds later, as they are making their way on the trail, it dies out, almost awkwardly, as if the director suddenly realized we needed to here the characters talk. It wasn't terribly distracting, and didn't really take away anything from the film, it just stood out to me. However, this small bump was greatly overshadowed by the rest of the movie, which was complimented by a great score. One of my favorite moments involving the music was right after Tuco escapes from one of the many near death situations he is placed in. Tuco slices the chain of his handcuffs on a railroad track, and proceeds to run after the train, hopping on. While he makes his escape on the train, the main theme starts to play up once again, only this time the usual voices singing are replaced by his almost coyote-like howl of a voice.

What might have been my favorite aspect of the movie, and the one that I believe most contributed to the overall effect of the film, was the characterization. I think that Leone, and the actors themselves were very effective in creating both loveable, and hateable characters. All three of the main characters succeed in filling their roles. Blondie, without a doubt, is the veritable definition of a badass. He barely speaks at all in the film, the only words coming out of his mouth taking on the shape of one liners, either making fun of Tuco's antics and foolishness, or saying something ambiguously cool, and almost cheesy, such as “every gun has a tune”. Angel Eyes follows suit with the mysterious and silent aura, but he isn't near as likeable as Blondie. From the minute you watch this guy gulping soup in another man's home, you hate him already. It doesn't help much that he kills the guy after either. And then we come to our third character, Tuco. Tuco is by far my favorite character in the film, and I feel that he was meant to be. As opposed to the other two, he is very comical, and through his antics, he becomes very loveable. He isn't mysterious like Blondie or Angel Eyes, and contrary to those two, we actually learn some of Tuco's past, meet one of his relatives, and almost connect with the guy. Needless to say, I was relieved each and every time he was liberated from the gallows.

Compared to the traditional western, which have a Leave it to Beaver feel, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly has a very refreshing feel to it, where the good guy is still pretty bad, and the bad guy is worse. The score, even though it consisted of only a few songs, never got tiring, and always had an epic feel to it, especially noted in the ending. What really caught me was the three main characters themselves. The combination of excellent casting, acting, and simple characterization through plot provided for three great characters, and through that, three great hours of film. It's a very entertaining movie, with great acting and dialogue. The dubbing takes a little bit of getting used to, especially with some of Tuco's lines (“Ar... Ar... Arch Stanton?!?”), but by the first few scenes you'll hardly remember the film was originally in Italian. Overall it's just a good watch through and through, and I would highly recommend it to any, and all.
Back to top Go down
BMM
7 pts
BMM

PostSubject: Re: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:49 am

It's On like Donkey Kong

Ahhh, Arcade gaming. If only I was born early enough to partake in this... this... sport? Well, I guess the second best thing is learning about it through documentary. The King of Kong does just that, delving into the not so distant past, and the ongoing present, of competitive arcade gaming. The film doesn't bite off more than it can chew however, and focuses mainly on a rivalry between players Steve Wiebe and Billy Mitchell for the high score of the game Donkey Kong. The two men are of highly contrasting personalities, with Mitchell being a “born winner”, living in Florida, owning a hot sauce company, and flaunting his cocky play-to-win attitude wherever he sets foot. Wiebe on the other hand, is portrayed as a much more agreeable character, an unlucky family man who just wants to have his time to shine, to be good at something. The film takes us through the rising conflict between the two men, and the trials the two must get through to become number one.

The film, directed by Seth Gordon, manages to attract a wider audience than that of hardcore video gamers, as the story seems to be played out as one of good vs. evil, focusing more on the individuals rather than the nitty gritty aspects of the video game. It doesn't completely ignore the gaming aspect, in fact, the beginning of the film does a good job of explaining to us just how the competitive arcade community was founded, how the players, including Mitchell, got known, and some of the actual technological aspects of the arcade games themselves. Fortunately Gordon keeps the balance in check, and the movie can be thoroughly enjoyed both by kids who play video games daily, and the parents who constantly worry that their kids are rotting their minds. This, I think, is one of the documentary's finer points, as it was able to achieve such success while still focusing on a topic that perhaps has not reached that much popularity, or variety in demographics.

Gordon further improves the solid film foundation he's created with his choice of music for the soundtrack. The soundtrack has variety ranging from gentle piano tunes that dot steve's interview sections, to the much more recognizable, and grin producing “You're the Best”. The latter song actually provides for my favorite music moment in the film. Earlier in the film, many of the quirky, nerd like middle aged arcade junkies are introduced. They proceed to explain some of the finer points of arcade gaming, why they like it, how they got into it, etc. This leads into a montage with “You're the Best” playing in the background. I couldn't keep from smiling at this point. Seeing this song, which you might expect to be playing in a training montage for a Rocky film, playing in the background of all these loser-ish folks taking pride in what they do is just awesome, funny, and epic, all at the same time.

Unfortunately, as is with most documentaries, we are led to love Steve, and despise Billy. And though Billy is, by nature, very unlikeable at times, I feel that editing could be a little unfair, and we might not be getting the whole truthful story. This didn't bother me so much while watching the film. Believe me, I was in full hate-Billy mode. But once the credits have rolled, and you have a day or so to think about it, Billy might not have been such an evil force in the story. Further research on my part led to the truth that not all was as it was portrayed in the film. One example of this being when Billy first arrives in the arcade that Steve is playing in. Though they edit it to make it look like Billy is ignoring Steve, in actuality Billy stated to have talked with Steve quite a bit, and his line “There are some people I don't want to spend too much time talking to” could easily have been taken out of context. Though we might not have gotten the story in its complete entirety, there were enough instances of Billy being a jerk, and Steve being, well, not a jerk, that the story was not discredited at all.

The movie not only provides in the subject of information, but also in that of entertainment. Loveable characters, and a truly interesting topic provide for a really fun watch, and I believe the film can be equally enjoyed by those from any social circle, young or old, cheerleader or debate captain. I highly recommend the film to anyone, but for the few are far between that are honestly interested in video games, this is a must watch. After finishing the film, I had quite the craving for a game of Donkey Kong myself, and I'm sure you will too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bless your beautiful hide   bless your beautiful hide Empty

Back to top Go down

bless your beautiful hide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BEACHBMM :: Forum :: News/Updates-
Jump to: