BEACHBMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dollar tournaments for games that never get cred.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BMM
7 pts
BMM

BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09] Empty
PostSubject: BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09]   BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09] EmptySat May 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Though fighting games are anything from my forte, i was still able to have a pretty
good time at this one, and i'm hoping that you guys enjoyed yourselves too.

Bringing back Soul Calibur 2 seemed like a good idea at first, it being such a huge success at
BEACHBMM 1 and all, but i don't know, it just didn't seem to have the sort of magic that it had at first.
Now, this could be both because i'm writing this review a good two months later, or because the finals, and
the champion of this event, played far from eloquently. It was still a good tourney though, and Hobo and MasterKoga
were able to prove that not only can they play well in Soul Calibur 4, but also in Soul Calibur 2.

On the other hand, Soul Calibur 4 was a fresh experience for most of the attendees, and i think it went
over very well, barring the various complaints over seeding... Perhaps the biggest upset of this tournament is
the fact that Hobo's mom picked him up before he could play in the finals, most likely robbing him of his rightful
1st place position. Jamnt0ast hadn't played much before, but he sure learned how to abuse
the Emperor throw rather quickly, and well. BEACH, brj, and Tnor were also top contendors, the former two not
even having much experience with the game. In the end, i can see SC4 making several reappearances at
BEACHBMM tournaments, and yes MasterKoga, we will seed them.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 was as i viewed it, the underlying star of the tournament. Unfortunately, not a single
other attendee would agree with me, hahah. Maybe i liked it so much because i was one of the few who actually knew
how to play, or maybe because it was a fighting game easy enough that i could be good at it. Either way, despite what you
folks say, i think that this game was a solid tournament choice, and the finals will be forever fun to watch. I think that if you folks
would have taken the time beforehand to learn the basic controls, and not spend your matches blocking, it would have gone over
just a little bit better.

Street Fighter 4 could also have stood to be seeded, as I, only playing an hour or two of the game at most, was able to make
it into the finals over Jamnt0ast, someone who actually owns the game. In this tournament, i began to realise that maybe Dan isn't soo great of a character... not like it's going to stop me from using him in the future or anything. Itakio had a tough Rufus, and i was really only able to lay down one combo (thanks to button mashing) on the guy. Hopefully, SF4 can make a BEACHBMM reappearance, this time with seeding.

KOF:94 was a rather last minute addition, and i don't think anybody save for BEACH and me had played it before.
It was enough like other fighters though, so winning was only a Crouch+Strong Kick away. Despite expecting to sweep away
the new to the game competition, neither my brother nor i were able to catch a top 3 spot, but Valdens, Jamnt0ast, and Itakio showed off their fighting game expertise to be sure.

In the end, this was quite the button mashers delight, and i think i've had my share of fighting games
for quite a long while. It was a great way to kick off the last quarter of the year, and despite whatever qualms you might
have with how the tourneys went, i hope you managed to have at least a little fun.
Back to top Go down
Valdens

Valdens

BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09] Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09]   BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09] EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:47 am

I didn't mean to play.. gay. I tried to refrain from at least using the same combos over and over, but a combination of forward and either Y or B worked better than it should have Neutral

and I had a lot of fun with Naruto as well.
Back to top Go down

BEACHBMM 4 [3-14-09]
Page 1 of 1